Place in which they have been found rest that go from the Neolithic until the Visigothic era, being its years of maximum splendor those between the centuries V a.C. And II AD, when it was under Iberian and Roman rule. It was here where the famous bust of the Lady of Elche was found.
Tower that rose in the thirteenth century and formed part of the wall that surrounded the city. It was the main entrance to the Villa and was 25 meters high, but an earthquake partially destroyed it in 1829 and is now 15 meters tall. In the 15th century, it was built and converted into a manor house.
The Tower of the Consell is the oldest municipal construction of the Valencian Community, dating from the middle of the XV century. It was part of the wall. Attached to the west wing was the Medieval Market and, with the construction of the Levante wing, the tower was at the central point of the whole building, under which opens a large gothic arch of three vaults.
In the Plaça de Baix, next to the City of Elche, stands a peculiar 16th century tower built into the walls of the Villa. It was then known as the Vetla Tower. In the eighteenth century two dolls were placed: Calendura, who beat the main bell to mark the hours and Calendureta, who beat the smaller bell to mark the rooms. It was then that it became an emblem of the city and to this day both automatons continue to operate, announcing the hours to all the passersby of the square.
It was built in the XIII century, being then the Convent of the Merced. Its walls have a long history.